This Thursday, the World Bank will hold an event on how large organizations can better engage with projects that involve OpenStreetMap. That’s my take anyway! I’ll be part of a panel with good folks like Nithya Raman from Transparent Chennai and Rob Baker from, um, everything. I’m hoping this is a good chance to get some strong ideas percolating through the bureaucratic membranes. My slides are here. You should come and maximize with us! Ahead of the event, I’m reflecting (rambling?) on what’s been challenging for me to bring OpenStreetMap, citizen journalism, and participatory technologies into the institutional context of [...]
More Recent Posts
- Media and Conflict in Myanmar, comments from a technologist
- The Funding Conundrum: Why Funding for ICT for Development Needs to Change
- GroundTruth in Dar es Salaam: Six Lessons for Effective Feedback Loops
- Citizen election reporting in Kenya: A failure of technology duplication, or a breakthrough in online-offline collaboration?
- More Riotous Open Data Possibilities of Kerala